Wisconsin Arts Board in Green Bay September 10 and 11
Your Wisconsin Arts Board holds its next quarterly board meeting Friday and Saturday, September 10-11, 2010, in Green Bay. Our annual "road trip" gives us an opportunity to give the Board a first-hand look at the arts and culture scene in a specific area; to meet with our partners in the region in person and learn more about their specific opportunities and challenges and the ways we can connect to their success; and to lift our partners' important work into view of the local press. This is also your chance to attend a meeting and observe the Board at work.
Our events in Green Bay this year are uniquely important; our participation is critical to informing our work going forward. We sincerely and respectfully invite your participation.
Friday, September 10, 2010
Location: Green Bay East High School Auditorium, 1415 E. Walnut Street, Green Bay
3:30 – 4:45 PM Arts and Creativity in Education Meeting
- a report on arts plans for Green Bay East High School;
- a discussion of the state of the arts and creativity in Green Bay schools; and
- an update from the Green Bay local team of the Wisconsin Task Force on Arts and Creativity in Education and, for those of you not in the city, we will introduce the Task Force template you can bring home to set in motion in your community
4:45 – 6:00 PM Town Meeting
- an introduction to the Arts Board’s draft 2012-2014 plan and 2010 New Economy Funding Initiative, which will be followed by a community discussion. We want your input on the plan and your engagement in increasing the state's investment in the arts and culture industry as an economic development driver. In our experience, these town meetings not only provide invaluable intelligence to the Board but also, inevitably, catalyze great things within the community.
Saturday, September 11, 2010
Location: Arketype, Inc., 612 Stuart Street, Green Bay
8:45 am – Noon
- the quarterly meeting of the Wisconsin Arts Board
If you have any questions regarding this meeting, please do not hesitate to contact me, by phone (608/267-2006), fax (608/267-0380), or e-mail (email@example.com).
We look forward to seeing you.
Wisconsin Arts Board